- Arms begin above your head, palms pressed together, your eyes looking upwards.
- Now reach your arms even higher, your shoulders lifting even further out of their sockets.
- Notice your spine lengthening. Experience the space between your ribs expanding. Feel your waist thinning.
- Keeping your palms pressed together, bend your arms at the elbows so your pressed hands fall behind your back, your head softly tucked in and facing down.
- Your eyes are now gazing at the ground.
- Feel the gentle stretch in the back of your neck, never straining or forcing a stretch.
- Alternate smoothly between your fingers facing skyward above your head, to bending your elbows so your hands fall behind your back.
- Your eyes gaze upwards when your hands are high, and downward when your fingers are behind your head.
- Inhale as arms rise, exhale as they fall.
- Repeat each full position 9 times.
- releases tightness and stiff joints in neck and shoulders
- increases oxygen to brain, enhancing clarity, focus and concentration
- corrects posture
- wrist and forearm stretched